1. How does accepting cards fit with how I trade?
Consider your location. If you’re out and about, reception and coverage may be something to bear in mind. Consider your setup. If you pass the card reader to a customer across a counter or between the seats of a car like a taxi driver to a passenger, portability, robustness, physical or Bluetooth connectivity, and receipt printing may be important considerations for you.
2. Which sales channels can I accept card payment through (e.g. face-to-face and/or on a website and/or over the phone)?
3. Is the terminal and/or card reader compatible with my current mobile phone, tablet or other equipment?
4. What is included in the bundle (card reader, printer, reader clip or mount, etc.)?
5. Are the parts available separately?
6. Should I buy, rent or lease the terminal or equipment?
Consider upfront costs, arrangements for repairing or replacing equipment, and how easy it is to upgrade hardware.